Friday, October 1, 2010

Out of the water


I am like those fishes that swim against the current. I have my own ideas and my particular way of thinking, behaving and living.

I break the rules and prejudices. No, I am not a rebel. I just can not enjoy what they impose as “funny” or “boring” so, I am a fish out of the water.

When people show their hot bodies at the beach and I show all the whiteness of my less developed muscles, I am a fish out of the water.

When people tell the places they have visited around the world and I only have been 40km away, I am a fish out of the water.

When people have a social life and have somewhere to go and to do every weekend and my few friends are away or busy, I am a fish out of the water.

When people can buy expensive things, spend a huge sum of money in whatever they want and I suffer a lot when I have to buy a simple t-shirt, I am a fish out of the water.

When people talk about having kids and a family and I can not have it or prefer to be single, when people eat with a fork and I eat with a spoon, I am a fish out of the water.

When everybody make fun of other’s tragedies or supposed choices they have made and I do not think it is funny and fair and I have to realize that this is real and we have such a disgusting society, I am a fish out of the water.

And when people can not think on their own, when the ignorance is the tendency of this summer that never ends, when people do not have a thinking brain inside their heads and I can think on my own and have a thinking brain, I am a fish out of the water.

And fishes out of the water feel weird and strange because they are different compared to the other fishes and they know only a handful of fishes that can really understand them. Sometimes, they would like to be like the others and feel they do not have a problem. But unfortunately they ca not fool themselves so they feel they are fishes out of the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!