Saturday, June 22, 2013

I dreamed I could dream

I dreamed I wasn't the only one, but that other people shared of similar dreams to mine. For years, many dreams stayed asleep in some corner of my heart. I dreamed that feeling of incompleteness one day would pass. And it passed.

I dreamed through some books and one of them joined two dreamers. Together they dreamed and lived.

They dreamed they could dream together. They dreamed the true friendship could exist and neither the distance could be able to separate two soul-mates. Although it hasn't evolved besides a friendship, even if because it was impossible their love to become carnal, she was his soul-mate during some years.

They dreamed they could dream even if reality was hard. They knew that when things started to get hard, they could count on each other because they dreamed they could be themselves, without modesty, without fears. They dreamed they could be human, they could make mistakes, they could laugh and cry. They dreamed they could be free to dream and to love.

They dreamed together when they rediscovered old songs and shared all the feelings they felt when listening to them. They dreamed when sharing together their memories, their history, their nostalgia. They dreamed together they could share their wishes. They dreamed together by appreciating art, architecture and decoration. They dreamed of unconditional love. They dreamed they would be stuck for ever and that their friendship were the truer, the more intense they have ever had even by distance. They dreamed they could trust on each other by opening their hearts in the most pure and sincere way.

They dreamed they could dream. They dreamed that the other would have always a palette to color the gray days. They dreamed the other would have always warm words of hope to the coldness of the world. They dreamed they would have always a shelter to the horror of the unpleasant truth. They dreamed love was the most powerful might of the universe and that it by itself was already enough.

But that period of stagnation of horror changed the things and little by little they were getting away from each other. And then, everything changed.

Dreaming became ridiculous, pathetic and all that you trusted was analyzed, judged and used against you.

No, you can't dream anymore. You can't anymore to tell and ask no one the other how was your day; nobody wants to know about your boring life. No, you can't anymore have fears and weaknesses. Suffocate yourself! Keep your problems to you because nobody wants to know about them and nobody is guilty if you are coward and weak. If you are sad, keep your sadness to you because nobody likes negative people and is obligated to help you. No, friendships isn't for the bad times, but only for the good ones. Please, be a nice person because I'm not obligated to tolerate or accept your imperfections. No, you are no longer to be free to be yourself; please, either you add positive things to my life, or leave me. No, I won't miss you and I don't want to know about you anymore, goodbye and be happy.

I dreamed I could trust. I dreamed I could be me, without fears, without shame and be loved and accepted anyway. I dreamed I could dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!