Saturday, September 4, 2010

Almost there


Oh, my dreams are just in front of my eyes now. They are so real that I almost can touch them. I am reaching the last degree... Then my dreams turn out to be smoke and I fall down.

Dreams are like a big stairway that its bottom is on the Earth and its top is in the stars. That is a stairway full of obstacles and broken degrees. The higher you are, the biggest the falling. Are you one of those dreamers who intends to touch the stars in the sky? Yes, I am.

After so many fights, dreams, persevere and work hard, here I am, on the top of the stairway. You may say I am already a winner because I have already reached the clouds and I have gone further. Oh, my dreams are just in front of me now. They are so real that I almost can touch them. I just need to make a move, I am reaching the last degree... My hands are about to connect the man to his dream. Then, all of a sudden, everything disappears. My dreams turn out out be smoke, the stairs turn out to be smoke and I fall down. I am falling, falling down. Stars fading away.

To the winner, the roses, the glory, the recognization and those award that worths more than money: the feeling of you are a winner.To the loser, the lions that devours his head and the expectators go crazy. Perhaps you had better be the 3rd place. You end up winning.

You almost succeed. Is there a feeling that is worse then this? Almost... If it had not been that mistake, I would have won. We are raised to become winners, not losers. The winner is worshipped, recognized and to the loser, remains the shadow and the “almost” feeling.

I am proud of everything I have accomplished, of the barriers I have overcome, but I have not wanted to feel this bitter flavour on my mouth. What makes me frustrated is not the loss itself, but the fact that this opportunity will not appear so soon and even the way I was dreaming of. I have done my best, but it have not been good enough.

My body finally hits the ground and stars disappear to be replaced by a silver sky. The world around me enjoy to see I am a loser just like them.

I almost succeed, I could had been succeed... Well, worse than the feeling of “I could have been” is the feeling of “I have not even tried”. I reached the clouds and this is something to be proud of. And it is necessary too many courage to go upstairs in a stair that you know it can disappears anytime...

Dreaming is not for the weak ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!